Wanted dead or alive!

Spencer's incredible Zelda
  • Author

Snake X

Topic Starter

Wanted dead or alive!

Post03 February 2012, 03:29

Well, I thought I would take a look at revsoft but I seemed to just now notice the old domain is gone and I got the new link to this place :)

So, my question: is zelda actually in progress or what?

NanoWar

Site Admin

Re: Wanted dead or alive!

Post03 February 2012, 09:30

It seems that Spencer is busy with other stuff, maybe life? :| I told him we moved, but he hasn't been here once.

Snake X

Topic Starter

Post06 February 2012, 12:38

I'll ask buckeyedude since he seems to be directly involved with the project somehow (I forget)

Post30 May 2012, 08:10

Have any of you guys heard from Spencer at all recently? It'd be extremely unfortunate if this never came to fruition. This game was responsible for getting me back interested in the calculator community, and I'd hate to see it left unfinished. :/ Even though it may not seem it, many of us still care and remember this and are faithfully waiting on it to be released. :)

Madskillz

Site Admin

Post31 May 2012, 07:05

Yeah I havent talked to Spencer in a while. Last time I did, he said that he would release it and was pretty close I thought. However he was busy with other things, one being a sweet mapmaker for this and could be used for other games. I hope it doesnt disappear forever either. All the stuff he had done was really awesome.

Post31 May 2012, 14:13

Indeed. If i remember the map maker he actually colorized it and made it so that the game was playable through the map maker program. It was very cool stuff indeed. ^^

chickendude

Staff Member

Post01 June 2012, 07:30

I am just as interested in the mapmaker as i am in his Zelda game! I'd really love to browse through the source one day...

Madskillz

Site Admin

Post07 June 2012, 07:24

yeah I would too, it looked slick!

Post16 October 2012, 05:09

Bump! There's actually been some discussion over here: http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?topic=14617.msg265609;topicseen#new at Omnimaga about Spencer's Zelda. Not surprisingly people are interested in the "demo"... (seems this is always the case ;)) So, has anyone heard from Spencer at all recently? It's really a shame that a lot of Z80 hobbyists seem to have gone missing recently. :(

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post27 November 2012, 10:34

So I did some research. I wondered what one can do nowadays using the internet and information from previous talk to find a person and break through the bubble that separates our virtual from the real world. This may seem very awkward, but as we all care about important members of our little community I straightforwardly attempted to contact Spencer via Facebook. Which didn't work out, he never wrote back. I thought I might be able to contact some of his relatives, see if he's alright. But whao there were a ton of Putts in my search results. Surprisingly there were only very few from Indiana, where he supposedly comes from. To cut this long story short: His sister wrote back and he is alright. She said: "Health wise he is great. He has had a rough year and had to deal with some tough life changes though." I asked her to send him our regards and maybe he will see him around again some time! :triforce:

Madskillz

Site Admin

Post28 November 2012, 04:00

Life can surely suck sometimes...but its good to hear he is still around. I wish he would stop in, but I understand if he has moved on as well. I would have like to see him stop in either to talk about Zelda or just to stop in and see what we/him are all up too.

Post30 December 2012, 15:16

@Nano: It's good to hear at least that he is ok.
@Madskillz: I agree, it'd be nice just to see him (and any of the other old staff) stop by and say hi. :)

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post01 December 2013, 22:13

What can I say? It seems that Spencer is actually working on an C compiler for the z80 instead on Zelda :ninja: .

http://wabbit.codeplex.com/SourceContro ... changesets

chickendude

Staff Member

Post03 December 2013, 06:55

I dunno, it looks like Spencer's done some work on the map editor. Seems like a good sign to me!

Post14 January 2014, 17:24

At least he's coding. :D

add

Post19 January 2014, 23:17

Yeah..
I remember back when I read about this the first time..
Good times.
Now we can only wait.

chickendude

Staff Member

Post20 January 2014, 01:58

That's what we've been doing since the project began :D

add

Post20 January 2014, 10:16

Hah! True.
This is still a highlight of RevSoft. Oh yeah.

Post13 May 2015, 04:25

Bump but it would appear that this project could become one of those lifetime ones that I myself have so many of.

I do believe that there was a demo that was distributed to a limited number of persons ... I wonder if it still exists? :).

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post13 May 2015, 07:56

What? No, this is work in progress! Last time I spoke to Spencer was in January this year. You never played the demo? :D

chickendude

Staff Member

Post14 May 2015, 02:00

I never played the demo, either... :'(

So you did get in touch with Spencer? The repository's seen a few updates to the map editor within the last month or so.

Post20 May 2015, 04:00

I have actually been watching this topic for a while now, and so imagine my surprise when I just noticed it get a mega bump of over a year! I just made an account to share my sentiments in trying to see if Zelda and other projects of Spencer's would be completed and saw my chance now to jump in and comment. If you get any news about this, keeping it current would be great! Thank you!

add

Post20 May 2015, 20:36

Yeah, I wish Spencer would come back and show some of the progress, but we'll just have to wait until he feels it's time.
If there ever is a time as such, only ti.. wait, no.. Only Spencer would know that.

Return to Zelda