Quick Brass question...

Need help with programming? Feel free to ask anything. Answers are welcome as well!
  • Author

Xeda

Topic Starter

Quick Brass question...

Post21 October 2011, 00:00

Okay, so ironically, I believe all the other boards are too busy for my question to get heard, so I am bringing it here XD I am working on Grammer and I finally turned it into an app. The only issue is that I want to assign it a different name than what Brass gives it. Does anybody know how I would do this?

Also, for the curious, Grammer is an interpreted programming language with tons of features and abilities. It started to get out of hand at over 6000 bytes, so I converted it to an App. Should I post a topic about it here?

chickendude

Staff Member

Re: Quick Brass question...

Post21 October 2011, 09:00

I'm not familiar with Brass (thanks to spasm ;)), so i don't know how it assigns names. I assume it's based on the name of the file? Couldn't you just rename the file or perhaps create a new project using the name you want and import your source files?
Also, on Ben Ryes' site he mentions the following:
Code: Select all
.variablename "App Demo"            ; Application name (shown in 'Apps' menu)

I say go for it, start a new thread about Grammer. I've read a bit about it in other places but am not quite sure where you're currently at with it. Though admittedly i don't follow all these new languages popping up lately as i prefer my heart to hearts with the calculator in our dear ol' assembler :)

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post21 October 2011, 11:39

I thought Ben discontinued his assembler series. But there are quite a few cool features in Brass such as modules that I like. He also introduced the VAR keyword to me earlier that I extensively use to shuffle around ram pointers.
In my opinion SPASM has a much smoother way to sign APPS, that's why I would use it over Brass all day.

Xeda

Topic Starter

Post21 October 2011, 12:44

chickendude wrote:I'm not familiar with Brass (thanks to spasm ;)), so i don't know how it assigns names. I assume it's based on the name of the file? Couldn't you just rename the file or perhaps create a new project using the name you want and import your source files?
Also, on Ben Ryes' site he mentions the following:
Code: Select all
.variablename "App Demo"            ; Application name (shown in 'Apps' menu)

I say go for it, start a new thread about Grammer. I've read a bit about it in other places but am not quite sure where you're currently at with it. Though admittedly i don't follow all these new languages popping up lately as i prefer my heart to hearts with the calculator in our dear ol' assembler :)

Thank you very much, this worked! The problem with changing the name of the file is that it converts it all to uppercase letters and I wanted "Grammer" so thanks!

Also, I have been asking about this periodically for the past 5 months or so on other sites and in one day I got the answer here, so thanks much!

chickendude

Staff Member

Post21 October 2011, 17:14

Yeah, as far as i know Brass is discontinued. I'm glad that worked for you :)

Xeda

Topic Starter

Post23 October 2011, 00:14

Brass is all that I could get to work XD I am horrible with computers, so the less I have to set up, the better. That is probably why I haven't moved to computers and continue to work on calculators XD

Return to Programming Help