Tiled questions

Need help with programming? Feel free to ask anything. Answers are welcome as well!
  • Author

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Tiled questions

Post26 January 2015, 09:56

I'm starting to play around with Tiled but a lot of things that seem like they should be straightforward, well, aren't. For example, after i've added tiles to form a tileset, is there no way to rearrange them (change the tile id)? Also, the tile id starts at 0, but in every format i export in, tile 0 turns into a 1 and empty tiles (with no tile) are saved as 0.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Re: Tiled questions

Post26 January 2015, 10:19

You want my z80 output extension! :D It does output the correct ID, which truely you cannot change, except of course in the export extension... Uhm how do you want it to be? If you add another tileset, it should not start at 0, but at the last id +1 of the first tileset.

Oops, you are on linux, I cannot give you my compiled plugin "z80.dll", you need to compile it yourself, I will upload the src... again github hehehe.

add

Post31 January 2015, 16:56

I see no source on github? Or do you have more than one account on github, hm? :-)

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post31 January 2015, 19:20

Here it is: Work in process! :D

You have to clone Tiled, put this folder into tiled\src\plugins and compile the libtiled dependency... it works for me on Windows.

I compiled it with QT 5 and MINGW 4.9 ...

(I have included the compiled DLL which you can put in the Tiled plugin folder if you are on windows and have it already installed)

https://github.com/bjorn/tiled
Attachments
z80-tiled-plugin_2015-01-26.zip
(18.88 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Return to Programming Help