TI-Story

• Author

Madskillz

Site Admin

Topic Starter

TI-Story

Post20 June 2012, 05:18

Hey everybody, I thought I would share a link to a site I came upon thanks to http://www.ticalc.org

That link is to TI-Story. Found here: http://tistory.wikidot.com/home
We have had sites similar to it throughout my time in the community but never this in depth and never done with the wiki format. Basically it is a conglomeration of information from us in the community detailing our own history. It really is a trip down memory lane for me. Seeing all the sites I've been involved in and their origins. A lot of them have been given a a detailed description of their origins, projects, members and products.

Burr has done a great gathering stuff and maintaining this site and to everyone that has contributed great job thus far. Perhaps some of the older members around here will get a flash of nostalgia upon viewing. I know I did.

Re: TI-Story

Post20 June 2012, 07:19

I haven't been around here for very long, and there are some really interesting histories on that wiki. So many things happened -- I had no idea the community's even been around this long!

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post20 June 2012, 10:31

I actually stumbled upon that site yesterday, too. And I must say it's painstaking! Wikis are often maintained by very dedicated members. It seems that we have plenty of those people in the TI-Community now.

(Only the logo needs to be replaced, haha)

Post24 June 2012, 09:31

I'm glad you guys like the site; it is good to see the community using it :)

I have spent a lot of time and effort working on the site, as it has been my proverbial "baby" since I started it in February, and it has basically just been me doing all of the work (with a few edits here and there by others). In fact, creating much of the content on the site was quite tedious, and took many hours of researching with ticalc.org, the Wayback Machine, and googling. My interest in the project has all but dried up at this point, however, and I am done investing any more serious time and effort into it.

I wanted to thank NanoWar for editing the Revolution Software page -- third-party edits are hard to come by, so it is much appreciated! I also wanted to mention that there was a new community feature just started, involving an interview with a prominent TI community member. Each interview is conducted Slashdot-style and given its own thread, with individual people posting their own questions and the person answering them in the same thread. The first person selected for an interview was James Vernon, and you guys are all welcome to participate.

And as far as the logo is concerned: if you can come up with a better, nicer-looking alternative, I'm definitely interested.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post24 June 2012, 15:23

How about this? And one with transparency :) .
Attachments
tiStory.png
Ti-Story Logo 1
tiStory.png (2.98 KiB) Viewed 25330 times
tiStory-trans.png
Ti-Story Logo 1, transparent
tiStory-trans.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 25330 times

Post25 June 2012, 15:29

I think your logo looks quite nice :) The only two critiques that I have are that it is too small height-wise, as it just seems to get overshadowed by the rest of the page, and that I think a plain white background would look better. I have uploaded your logo to TI Story, to give you an idea of what I am talking about. In addition, if you have any other design suggestions for the site, I am all ears.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post25 June 2012, 22:56

Cool, I can modify it a bit more later this week. Speaking of overall design, black probably isn't the wisest choice for a background color :) . Aren't there some nice themes from Wikidot?

Madskillz

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post28 June 2012, 06:13

Hey burr, job well done mate. I tried updating some RS stuff but it said my username was already taken. I did have some more to add I suppose I could post it here. I cant seem to find the emails now, I'm sure they were at my old email address. But anyhow we absorbed the Prgmerz group sometime in mid-2005. Despite what it says on the Prgmerz page in the wiki lman and deathsting arent the same person. Also Greenfire released Firetrack by Ben Ryves. Also how could you not include RGP to the list of released software. To me that is just as big of a contribution to the community as WabbitEmu was/is. Shame Nano ha.

Also there's only one 'p' in my last name ha ha.

I like the interview idea, glad to see James involved in the community again, I dont think I ever saw him around a forum until this year over at MC

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post28 June 2012, 10:35

Ahw I just updated the logo, some links and who's admin... Never even heard of Prgmerz ;) .

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post29 June 2012, 13:03

Some more drafts... I like "Draft 3" a lot! Also note the Favicon :) .
Attachments
tiStory.ico
Favicon
(318 Bytes) Downloaded 506 times
tiStory3.png
Draft 3
tiStory3.png (7.58 KiB) Viewed 25303 times
tiStory2.png
Draft 2
tiStory2.png (3.67 KiB) Viewed 25303 times

Post29 June 2012, 16:20

@Madskillz: When I was writing the Revsoft page (and the rest of the TI Story pages, for that matter), I tried to do my best to piece everything together using ticalc.org, the Wayback Machine, and googling. There is no way to locate all of the exact details, however, as much of the information is only known by the specific people that were involved. For example, I remember researching Revsoft, and never once coming across any mention of the absorption of the Prgmerz group.

Even though your username is already taken, why can't you just use a different username (such as tsupalla or madskills)? I would encourage you to provide your information to the Revsoft page because it simply won't happen otherwise. The truth is that there is an overwhelming amount of information that one could cover on this wiki, and I just don't have the time or desire to do it myself.

@NanoWar: I really like the draft 3 logo and favicon you created :) They look great!

Madskillz

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post29 June 2012, 18:36

No I understand Burr and I dont mean to come off like I dont appreciate all the effort that went into to this. I couldn't find a news story on use absorbing Prgmerz either. I had to do some digging just to get the Mid-2005 date. I accounts everywhere with passwords and email that I dont or cant use anymore. I'll see what I can do to dig up more information.

Post07 July 2012, 21:12

Just saw the new logo and background live on the TI-Story page. Looks great :)

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post09 July 2012, 00:08

Looks fantastic. I think this seems like a good page to add TI related news to!?

Post23 October 2012, 00:56

NanoWar wrote:Looks fantastic. I think this seems like a good page to add TI related news to!?
I think that's a great idea. It's a pretty group-neutral site whose job is to post info about the community anyway.

Post30 December 2012, 14:16

NanoWar wrote:How about this? And one with transparency :) .

A bit of a necropost, but I like the graphic with the calculator on the far left and Tistory as one word. It kind of makes it look like a play on the word History, which is what Ti-story is. The History of the TI community. :)

Post31 December 2012, 05:37

Art_of_camelot wrote:
A bit of a necropost, but I like the graphic with the calculator on the far left and Tistory as one word. It kind of makes it look like a play on the word History, which is what Ti-story is. The History of the TI community. :)
Heh, that's what I thought too. Wonder if it was intentional.

Post08 January 2013, 10:22

http://tistory.wikidot.com/home

There's nothing here ?! o_0

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post08 January 2013, 19:28

I have the same issues. The page's source code holds:
This area of the website is private and you don't have access to it. If you believe you need access to this area please contact the web site administrators

I sent burr a message...

Deep Thought wrote:
Art_of_camelot wrote:
Heh, that's what I thought too. Wonder if it was intentional.

Hmm it was not intentional, but also came to my mind after drawing it :) .

Post09 January 2013, 06:34

That's weird... None of the other pages work either as far as I can tell.

Madskillz

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post16 January 2013, 09:12

Looks like TI-Story is back to working like it should be FYI.

Post01 March 2013, 08:55

Looks like TI-Story is back to working like it should be FYI.

Yes I noticed that thanks.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post02 March 2013, 00:32

Yea, these sites go up and down in activity and importance. But I still think we lack a good collaborative community news site...

chickendude

Staff Member

Post02 March 2013, 02:15

TI-News.net used to be pretty good and pulled information from all over the community. Nowadays, TI-Planet seems to do a pretty good job at covering community news, but outside of the few posters there's not much... collaboration. Ticalc has always been a bit slow but was good for finding about interesting programs you might have skipped over, even if they'd already been out a couple months. Now what interests me most is code and coding, not so much the other stuff.

Post05 August 2013, 00:12

Editing seems to be disabled permanently... Too bad, but maybe the admins can keep it up to date.
Next

Return to Calculator Related