POTY [2012]

• Author

Madskillz

Site Admin

Topic Starter

POTY [2012]

Post04 December 2011, 20:07

Well it's that time of the year again Ticalc.org's annual Program Of The Year contest is back up and TI-83+/TI-84+ voting has commenced. There are a ton of great stuff this year...including some incredible stuff that I see as a huge benefit to developers in the community. There are also some great games too. So let your voice be heard and cast your vote. We need to honor these developers and help keep the community strong.
You can cast your vote right from Ticalcs mainpage found here: http://www.ticalc.org/ You do have to be a member though if I recall.

Great work to all the people who released a project this year whether it got featured or not and good luck to those who are in the running for POTY!

-Madskillz

NanoWar

Site Admin

Re: POTY [2011]

Post04 December 2011, 22:12

I've always voted for the game that was the most fun to me. But this year I honored Kerm for his awesome CalcNet stuff, he really devoted a huge amount of time for all of his projects.

But it's december. All WE are going to say is that all of our own projects will be released 2012. Smile! Haha.

chickendude

Staff Member

Post05 December 2011, 09:32

Well, that still remains to be seen, at least on my part, but for all YOUR all's projects, i look forward to playing them in 2012 :D

Post06 December 2011, 12:17

I voted for Builderboy's Zedd.

Madskillz

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post08 December 2011, 03:47

Yeah Zedd was awesome and if I could vote for a second one it would have gotten my vote. Xeda's Grammer got my vote just because of how impressive it is for an interpreted language. It was what MLC was going to be like. It was tough this year that's for sure. But that is a good thing! :)

Madskillz

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Re: POTY [2012]

Post11 December 2012, 10:55

Well December is upon us yet again and again this year there were a lot of good entries for POTY.
Make sure you head on over to http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/14/148/148131.html and vote for an entry!
I was glad to see SSP finally got the recognition it deserved and it looks like Deep Thought is completely dominating the list this year. Congrats on all those nominations! To everybody else that got nominated good luck as well.

AB5 looks fantastic and some of those Axe games are sure impressive. I had never heard of ASMDREAM:http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/444/44479.html that looks pretty great as well. Tr1p always has cool stuff too.

Its gonna be tough this year, but lets show our appreciation to the hard work that these programmers have put in to keep this community going.
-Madskillz

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post12 December 2012, 14:47

Here is my personal list, from good to not so good:
  1. Bomberkids (this shouldn't be POTY in 2012, though)
  2. My First Quantum Translocator
  3. Fruit Ninja
  4. solidFRAME
  5. Chess
  6. Zombie Gun
  7. Space Station Pheta
  8. Alien Breed 5
  9. ASMDREAM
  10. An Exercise in Futility
  11. Jetpack 8x(+)
  12. Gravity Walls
  13. Absolute Insanity
  14. Absolute Madness
  15. Swords 2
Hmm Portal Prelude is going for 2013, right?

chickendude

Staff Member

Post12 December 2012, 19:19

I agree, Bomberkids is top of my list, too, but i think someone who's still around and active should get the POTY award. It's cool to retro-feature them, but i don't think they should be up for the POTY awards. Also, it's interesting to see that only like a third of the entries are in assembly, and two of them are over 5 years old! How things have changed! I'm still not sure how Legends managed to slip by so quietly.

And yeah, i think anything released in December will be up for next year's POTY. Btw, does anyone remember POTM? I arrived just before they stopped, i can only remember Sqrxz and MirageOS getting featured, though i don't think i'd even made an account then. It's strange to think how much things have changed (mostly how old i've become).

Madskillz

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post14 December 2012, 09:47

I think bomberkids would have gotten my vote, but I agree that I think it should go to someone still active. Right now its between AB5 and Fruit Ninja, and solidFRAME.

Return to Calculator Related