The Revolution is here

• Author

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

The Revolution is here

Post19 October 2011, 18:00

Oh, you are here. Maybe this is why:

I am not sure when the forums at revsoft.org went down exactly, but revsoft seemed dead since then. What actually happened was that our hosting agents (Kevin and Jim) decided to leave us and seal themselves off. This renders us unable to access any data from the domain and the old forum is pretty much gone. So Madskillz and I were searching for ways to make a comeback somehow and here it is, still in it's infancy: http://revsoft.tifreakware.net/. This is a subdomain hosted by -you guessed it- tifreak on a good server with plenty of bandwidth and space. I made a complete redesign of the forum template and I hope everyone likes it.
What is bad is that apparently all backups are lost and you cannot imagine what masses of pictures, programs, documentation and *gasp* forum posts are gone now. It's all terrible, but maybe YOU can help us by contributing to our new forums. Revsoft has always been a place for talented people between Assemblers and Zelda.

PS: We are still searching for interesting people who would like to become revsoft team members! Just write a PM to me or Madskillz.

(Cross-posting on different sites)

Hey YOU, tell everybody that we moved here!

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Re: The Revolution is here

Post19 October 2011, 18:47

Wootages. Are we gonna get to reconstruct the masterpiece that was group.revsoft.org? I miss having an ftp for awesome stuffs

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post19 October 2011, 19:37

I dont know, I got a Image Master Key from tifreak because he couldn't get subdomain ftp to work and I am not going to share that one I guess...

chickendude

Staff Member

Post20 October 2011, 20:16

Though i was never an official Revsoft member, i also (ab)used group.revsoft quite a bit :oops:

Post23 October 2011, 23:25

I'm curious, what was group.revsoft.org?

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post23 October 2011, 23:28

tifreak8x wrote:I'm curious, what was group.revsoft.org?

Synonyms were "pile", "sandbox", "cloud drive", "random.revsoft.org", "pastebin", etc.

Post24 October 2011, 00:04

Ah, I see :)

Post28 October 2011, 01:39

Basically, there was a shit ton of shit there. :D

Post29 October 2011, 11:06

It was always fun to browse every once in a while to see what you could find hidden in it :P

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Post30 October 2011, 08:15

Art_of_camelot wrote:Basically, there was a shit ton of awesome shit there. :D

FTFY

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post30 October 2011, 15:15

Yeah, Jim had put some good thoughts in there.

Post30 October 2011, 18:26

Buckeye Dude wrote:Wootages. Are we gonna get to reconstruct the masterpiece that was group.revsoft.org? I miss having an ftp for awesome stuffs
You could always install a browser file manager like AjaXplorer, eXtplorer, or my own ;)

Post10 November 2011, 15:52

Buckeye Dude wrote:
Art_of_camelot wrote:Basically, there was a shit ton of awesome shit there. :D

FTFY

Thx. :D

I should look and see if i have any of the old revsoft stuff saved... I might have kept a few things i found interesting.

Return to News and Announcements