Welcome to Revolution Software!

• Author

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Welcome to Revolution Software!

Post22 September 2011, 11:10

As you see, we got a new forum. It is still in setup phase, but feel free to add your ideas here.

Re: Welcome to Revolution Software!

Post08 October 2011, 16:55

Whoa, nice time to test an awesome new theme :)

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post09 October 2011, 12:22

Thanks! It's based on the theme we_universal and I modded the whole thing and the portal page. Maybe we should integrate the portal into a more front page like thing with a list of RevSoft team members, some news (maybe grabbed from a subforum) and information about our products etc.

Madskillz

Site Admin

Post09 October 2011, 22:37

That would be cool Nano. Also the "The team" section should have a capital T for team. I like what I'm seeing so far.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post10 October 2011, 18:25

Still spambots over the place, how did we prevent this on the old boards? Grrr

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post11 October 2011, 11:23

Hey, I got "Sorted CAPTCHA" working. Now try to answer these calc questions, spam bot! Hah.

BTW: Fixed "The Team" and ... cool new avatar Travis! ;)

Post13 October 2011, 08:47

Hi guys,
Nice theme here!
too bad that the old site is gone...

Post13 October 2011, 14:44

Haha, I love the captcha, that is brilliant XD I wasn't sure about one of the options, but that means people have to look it up :D

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post13 October 2011, 16:11

Xeda wrote:Haha, I love the captcha, that is brilliant XD I wasn't sure about one of the options, but that means people have to look it up :D

Which calc weren't you sure about? Might throw that one out...
Xeda wrote:Haha, I love the captcha, that is brilliant XD I wasn't sure about one of the options, but that means people have to look it up :D

Yeah I like it, too :). I modded this: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/s ... ha_plugin/

Still, the smileys freak the shit out of me...

Madskillz

Site Admin

Post14 October 2011, 03:21

Yeah wtf is with the smileys. Oh and I forgot about that avatar ha. Thanks man

Post14 October 2011, 14:04

I can't remember which one it was anymore XD I think it was second or third from the last.

Post14 October 2011, 15:51

Dropping in on the new forums to say hi. Hopefully things will pick up. Any chance at all of restoring some of the old content?
*Edit* I guess i forgot to capitalize the "a" in Art_of_camelot when I signed up. :/ Oh well.

Post14 October 2011, 20:07

You might just re-sign up.

Post15 October 2011, 00:28

As a suggestion, can we have the link to the forum index in a more obvious position? I saw the main page and thought you guys hadn't set up subdomains at all yet.

And these smileys... :mrgreen:

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post16 October 2011, 14:30

Xeda wrote:I can't remember which one it was anymore XD I think it was second or third from the last.

Well, the list is randomized :)
art_of_camelot wrote:Dropping in on the new forums to say hi. Hopefully things will pick up. Any chance at all of restoring some of the old content?
*Edit* I guess i forgot to capitalize the "a" in Art_of_camelot when I signed up. :/ Oh well.

I don't know. Madskillz couldn't find any backups. They should exist somewhere, though.
Rename? No problemo! We can do that in phpBB3 :)
Deep Thought wrote:As a suggestion, can we have the link to the forum index in a more obvious position? I saw the main page and thought you guys hadn't set up subdomains at all yet.

You mean subforums? I admit it's a bit confusing. But I still tinker with the portal page. Maybe I will just put the latest posts above the board index or so.

Post17 October 2011, 02:52

Things are looking great so far :D Can't wait to see more get added around here. :)

Madskillz

Site Admin

Post17 October 2011, 02:59

You mean subforums? I admit it's a bit confusing. But I still tinker with the portal page. Maybe I will just put the latest posts above the board index or so.

Yeah that would be a good idea.

As for backups, yeah I have no idea where they are I know I made at least two in the summer sometime. All is not lost though, we still might be able to get some of the old info in the future. I'll keep looking around on some older flashdrives.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post17 October 2011, 14:38

Removed the "latest posts" page. This (search.php?search_id=active_topics) is much better and we will need a "real" site at the domain index later.

Post19 October 2011, 01:19

Any chance you could up the limit of URL's that you can have in a sig? I'd rather use my nicer sig that I have everywhere else instead of the one I am forced to use right now.

Post19 October 2011, 13:17

@NanoWar: Thanx for the name fix. :D

chickendude

Staff Member

Post19 October 2011, 14:15

Wow, i'd been looking for ages trying to find what happened to RS and just today started asking around. Glad to see everyone (well, some of you) again.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post19 October 2011, 16:04

Eeems wrote:Any chance you could up the limit of URL's that you can have in a sig? I'd rather use my nicer sig that I have everywhere else instead of the one I am forced to use right now.

Signatures are disabled in the posting area. You can only see them in profiles. I upped all signature limits.
chickendude wrote:Wow, i'd been looking for ages trying to find what happened to RS and just today started asking around. Glad to see everyone (well, some of you) again.

Yeah, we haven't posted the information at many places. TDB!

Post21 October 2011, 20:33

Madskillz wrote:Yeah wtf is with the smileys. Oh and I forgot about that avatar ha. Thanks man

They seem to be balloons...

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post21 October 2011, 22:15

seana11 wrote:
Madskillz wrote:Yeah wtf is with the smileys. Oh and I forgot about that avatar ha. Thanks man

They seem to be balloons...

I think we will use these: http://punbb.informer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10172 and add some custom ones.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post22 October 2011, 22:58

New smileys from punBB!
:) :D ;) :( :o :P :| :'( :hmm: :huh: ^^ :weird: :green:

Also:
:wizard: :triforce: :ti83: haha...
Next

Return to News and Announcements