About Wizards

NanoWar's everlasting card game
  • Author

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

About Wizards

Post13 October 2011, 15:49

Wizards is a strategic collectible card game. As a Wizard you fight against monsters and other Wizards using your magic which is represented by a deck of cards.

Image What card is this?

Those battles are turn-based. During a turn a player can play cards, build up an amount of mana and spheres which are both needed in specific amounts per card to play it. Mana will increase by two every turn and spheres can be obtained from some cards. To win a fight your opponent's life must become zero, so most of the cards revolve around damaging, poisoning or preventing yourself from dying. Simple cards that show this behaviour are "Fireball" for damage, "Toxic Dagger" for poisoning or "Blessing" for healing.

Image Fight screen

Cards can be combined to a deck of 60 cards, where normal cards can be used five times and other rarities decrease that number. In order to use cards you can buy some at the market and sometimes after a fight you could be lucky and pick up some rare ones. Money for the market can be obtained by winning battles.

Image Deck building

Using selected cards you can find your own strategy to beat your opponents!

Re: About Wizards

Post14 October 2011, 10:53

Really great game!! are there any demos out now?

Post14 October 2011, 16:20

There is an old demo here on Ticalc.org, but it's pretty dated. I think the old site had some newer ones though.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post16 October 2011, 14:40

Art_of_camelot wrote:There is an old demo here on Ticalc.org, but it's pretty dated. I think the old site had some newer ones though.

I had put some releases on the old site, indeed. But since those are outdated aswell I would rather release a newer version next. Also the beta version from your link plays totally different (heck, it's over 6 years old)...

Post25 October 2011, 14:40

6! years? Wow you've been working long on this.

Post28 October 2011, 01:52

Yea, I know it's changed since then, but I think that's the only version online at the moment. Lol. New beta plox? :D

Post29 October 2011, 11:05

I believe I have the newer version that was in group.revsoft.org before revsoft.org went down.
If it's ok with you NanoWar I'll put it in my dropbox or something?

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post29 October 2011, 23:29

I will put everything in here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25

Return to Wizards