FunkLibrary

Z80 Software Tools
  • Author

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Re: Funk Library

Post23 January 2015, 10:22

On my machine both full screen mode and distraction free mode show the menu! Also Sublime doesn't take up THAT much more space, given the richer interface!

EDIT2: Just played around with it a bit more and the full screen mode is pretty nice. I couldn't get Funk to work so i just loaded my own script and it's really nice, ctrl+b to assemble and send to the calc.

Ok, I think the linux version of spasm is the problem, I need to test this on my virtual machine!

Edit: Could you test it again with this version?
Attachments
z80asm-ti_2015-01-23.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 120 times

add

Post23 January 2015, 20:47

Oh nice, I just noticed the "helps" folder inside the z80asm-ti dir, good information to have :-D

Also, I've been using SublimeText for a while now and it still does feel a lot like Atom but that doesn't have your awesome syntax highlighting stuff..
So, I'll either keep using SublimeText until LimeText is in a usable state and see if your addon works there or I'll use Atom and try to get your syntax highlighting stuff work there. :-)

chickendude

Staff Member

Post24 January 2015, 02:25

If you go to the install packages page, someone (unknownloner) already made a syntax highlighting file, though with Brass in mind (not spasm). I just installed it and it's really pretty, too. Now if only i could figure out how to get it to build...

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post24 January 2015, 20:03

Syntax highlighting is important, but the build chain and build automatization (+emulator loading) is even more significant to me. And that works pretty good with FunkLibrary and Sublime Text 3.

add

Post24 January 2015, 22:16

For some reason the linux build scripts stuff I downloaded from here is empty. Wut.

chickendude

Staff Member

Post25 January 2015, 02:22

Yeah, i think NanoWar's still got to write them :P

add

Post25 January 2015, 16:34

Ah, so it wasn't my fault in any way then, okie. :-)

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post25 January 2015, 19:45

I'm almost finished with the linux build script, I will upload it later.

chickendude

Staff Member

Post26 January 2015, 00:50

Cool, i'll be the first (or second) to try it out!

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Re: FunkLibrary

Post26 January 2015, 08:57

https://github.com/NanoWar/z80asm-ti

There you go! Git/GitHub is so awesome.

chickendude

Staff Member

Post26 January 2015, 09:16

Btw, did you have any scripts/stuff for Tiled (for converting just a basic tilemap into z80 format)?

add

Post26 January 2015, 11:31

Code: Select all
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/paw/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/z80asm-ti/scripts/linux/spasm.sh'
[cmd: ['/home/paw/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/z80asm-ti/scripts/linux/spasm.sh', 'famwars.z80', '']]
[dir: /home/paw/Programming/famwars]
[path: /home/paw/bin:/home/paw/Applications/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games]
[Finished]

This is the error message I get when trying to run the scripts, not exactly the same for all but essentially..
I think it's a difference between how sublimetext3 runs the configurations, like, you have to activate "'shell': true" or something in the .build file.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post26 January 2015, 11:41

have you updated from github? there are the new linux build scripts (or check your folder and look for them)

add

Post26 January 2015, 15:54

Yes, I did. I think the fault is SublimeText3's (it's not exactly crystal clear how to do things). I had this problem when I was fiddling with the script files myself (yesterday as a temporary solution), and in the end I made everything one commando or something like that, with shell: true.

add

Post26 January 2015, 19:35

I haven't been able to solve the problem so far without having to resort to a pre-installed spasm and configuring it directly from the .build script, which I admit is kinda ugly.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post27 January 2015, 09:39

Maybe it works now. Try the new version. You need to make all scripts executable +x on linux (also build.sh in funk).

add

Post27 January 2015, 12:53

No, it doesn't.
Also, did you empty the funk directory on purpose?
Anyway, I think I'm switching to Atom for now, doesn't have as nice syntax highlighting, but I can build directly from there with the help of a "package" (from someone) and a small script I wrote to complement it.
I'll keep on testing your stuff still though, don't worry :-)

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post27 January 2015, 16:30

Oh it is empty -.- Ok, you have to clone recursively, because the funk repository is a "submodule" and resides inside the plugin's repository. You have to fetch it!

If you clone new:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/NanoWar/z80asm-ti.git

If already cloned, just use this inside the folder:
git submodule update --init

add

Post27 January 2015, 16:48

bash: /home/paw/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/z80asm-ti/scripts/linux/spasm.sh: No such file or directory
[Finished in 0.0s with exit code 127]
[cmd: ['bash', '/home/paw/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/z80asm-ti/scripts/linux/spasm.sh', 'tilemapper.z80', '']]
[dir: /home/paw/Programming/RevSoft/tools/tilemapper]
[path: /home/paw/bin:/home/paw/Applications/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games]

Still nothing different, the picture just shows that the files that are supposed to be +x are +x (the green-ish color)..
Hm, maybe I have an old relic. Let me check the .cache..

Nope, didn't seem to change a thing, I removed all the cache but nothing.
:-/ Dunno what would cause this.

Wait, I might be on to something. Let me come back in a while with results..
EDIT:
I'm trying to run the .sh files directly from my terminal and that doesn't seem to work very well, so all I can think of is that either the .sh files are logically wrong, or there is a permission problem..

add

Post27 January 2015, 17:31

Uh, finally got it to run with the original script, have no idea why it works now or why it didn't work before..
I'm gonna keep trying for a while but soon I have to leave and then I'll be gone for a couple of hours, after that I'll try to keep working on it..

add

Post27 January 2015, 17:38

Solved it!
It was in the buildscript all along.
I'll make a pull-request in a bit.

EDIT: Made the pull request, now waiting for NanoWar to either pull or throw it away xD

add

Post28 January 2015, 12:44

Also, there is a problem where if you have the git repo name exactly as original (I'm not sure if everyone has this problem, but for me this is the case) sublimetext won't find the z80-ti color stuff, because for some reason it loads "z80-ti" and not "sublime-text-z80-ti".. I might have to look into some cache file again, which is not where it normally is because I've already cleared that when trying to fix it before..

EDIT:
Ah, nevermind, found it. It was the file in the /home/$USER/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/User/ which saves settings, it had saved the old name and didn't want to replace it for whatever reason.

EDIT2:
What the heck..
Scratch that, I don't know what the problem is except that it behaves as the pre-edit post.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Topic Starter

Post28 January 2015, 16:01

What do you mean with "color stuff", you mean syntax highlighting?

And yes there is a Sublime cache somewhere that you can try do delete (only the package cache of course).

add

Post28 January 2015, 21:31

Yeah, I was kinda in a hurry to test it so apparently I couldn't manage describing the problem well..
Sorry.

Yeah, I don't know if my code actually worked when it got around to it, because I was so happy when it didn't complain that I didn't realize it didn't output a file.
And yet again, I have no idea why this is..
I have no idea why the build scripts don't work (for me).

add

Post28 January 2015, 21:50

Uh, good news. It works like it should for me now.
I didn't do anything except clear *all* the cache, rename the directory to z80asm-ti and chmod +x the spasm-linux* files and the shell-scripts.
Sorry for giving you so much work but now it seems you've succeeded (or I stopped failing, either of those)
PreviousNext

Return to WabbitStudio