33%

Total votes : 3

• Author

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Custom font or TI font

Post09 December 2011, 20:02

Custom alphabet or TI alphabet? I'm currently using a custom alphabet, but i just realized I could probably use plotscreen just to draw text and ldir it to my gbuf. Using TI's font might cut down a little on the size of the program, about 150 bytes for the alphabet and maybe another 100 bytes (just a guess) of code. To put things in perspective, the current size of Monopoly is over 6k, which includes pretty much all big data parts (chance/cc texts, the board, property names), though i haven't drawn all of the pieces yet.

What do you all think?

UPDATE: So i just replaced the saferam1 address (my gbuf) with the plotscreen address in the text routine, breaking the entire text routine again. It might be a little while before everything is fixed again, but it should look much nicer :D Currently still using my custom text routine

NanoWar

Site Admin

Re: Custom font or TI font

Post10 December 2011, 13:55

Custom fonts gives a program a special touch. If using TI's routines/font is much easier for you, why not replace just a few characters or so...

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post10 December 2011, 17:37

I also like the custom font, it's already included and would actually be more work to switch over, it would just save a few bytes. I've been working a bit on the text routine again, should have a nice update tonight :)

Madskillz

Site Admin

Post12 December 2011, 03:34

I like your custom font as well.

Post13 December 2011, 17:44

Your custom font looks really nice. I'd keep it in. =)

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post14 December 2011, 00:27

Thank you :) Btw, am i just slow at programming games or is it normal for people to finish their projects in 1-2 months?

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post14 December 2011, 11:38

You can't be slow if you compare to me or Spencer :) . It depends so much on free time.

Post15 December 2011, 08:51

It's normal to work 2 months on a project.
Actually Graviter has been worked on for around a year and that's even not assembly but axe

Return to Monopoly