I was just looking at archive.org's revsoft.org copy...

You can discuss anything here that doesn't fit elsewhere
  • Author

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

I was just looking at archive.org's revsoft.org copy...

Post29 October 2012, 18:57

trying to see if there was a copy of JimE's Pokémon demo and rediscovered a bunch of Zelda pics:
zeldatown2.gif
zeldatown2.gif (2.47 MiB) Viewed 8816 times

Zelda_demo.gif
Zelda_demo.gif (271 KiB) Viewed 8816 times

and a bunch more. Spencer, where are you?!

NanoWar

Site Admin

Re: I was just looking at archive.org's revsoft.org copy...

Post29 October 2012, 19:44

It just *feels* like Zelda. So much spirit in this game...

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post29 October 2012, 19:55

I really want to see how he handled things like the NPCs, masked tiles that you can walk behind/under, etc. Seeing Link push the NPC around is too cool. It's just incredible...

EDIT: I also love that part when Link enters the girl's house: "Eek! Why are you in my house?" haha!

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post31 October 2012, 14:19

I believe Will has a copy of the source code which he used to test the mac version of Wabbitcode with I think... ... .... ???!!!! :D

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post31 October 2012, 17:06

Really?!! I would love to look through it. Will! Where are you?!

Post06 November 2012, 03:29

I wonder if there's a way some of the old posts could be merged into the new forum too.

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post06 November 2012, 14:26

Seeing as he's not really around anymre i don't see the point, if he came back, however... :D

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post06 November 2012, 17:26

Deep Thought wrote:I wonder if there's a way some of the old posts could be merged into the new forum too.

I think we would need an SQL backup and converting from phpBB2 to phpBB3 could be a big issue.

Post08 November 2012, 01:46

I do have a copy of the source code. However, I wouldn't feel comfortable distributing it without Spencer's approval. I think Buckeye has regular (semi?) communication with Spencer. If so, and he is able to get a confirmation I'd be happy to post a zip of the source code.

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post08 November 2012, 06:41

Hey Will! Nice to see you around :) What've you been up to lately?

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post08 November 2012, 20:40

I don't think this should be public domain either. (Maybe post internally.)

Post09 November 2012, 03:46

chickendude wrote:Hey Will! Nice to see you around :) What've you been up to lately?

Just working mostly. Hacking away at WabbitCode when I have free time. I may actually release something this year :)

NanoWar wrote:I don't think this should be public domain either. (Maybe post internally.)

As far as I know, the source is GPL v3 (possibly v2, but I'm not 100% sure). That being said, if someone could get confirmation from Spencer, I'd zip up everything I have. I'm not sure if the new site has FTP like the old one did, but that might be an appropriate place to put everything. I think the old FTP site had archives of the source.

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post11 November 2012, 18:31

No sorry, we have no ftp access like we had for revosft.org. Nothing like group.revsoft.org nor a specific ftp user for this subdomain. You can upload the zip in this forum, however.

Post13 November 2012, 18:34

NanoWar wrote:No sorry, we have no ftp access like we had for revosft.org. Nothing like group.revsoft.org nor a specific ftp user for this subdomain. You can upload the zip in this forum, however.

If you want, I could set something up on Omnimagas VPS for you. Send me a pm/email if you are interested.

Post30 December 2012, 14:26

chickendude wrote:trying to see if there was a copy of JimE's Pokémon demo and rediscovered a bunch of Zelda pics:
zeldatown2.gif

Zelda_demo.gif

and a bunch more. Spencer, where are you?!

It's nice to see these again. Hopefully he will return and release it at some point. This game has always looked to be a fantastic incarnation of Zelda. You can tell it's something he put a lot of soul into. :D If you didn't know better you really would think it was an official game.

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post01 January 2013, 15:25

I think it is much better than most "official" games! It's absolutely gorgeous, all the details, sprites, animations. It's hard to believe that that's on our dear ol' z80 (and 6mhz, at that!)!

Return to Open Discussion