WabbitEmu suggestions

• Author

aeTIos

Topic Starter

WabbitEmu suggestions

Post13 October 2011, 09:05

Hello,

Maybe we could post suggestions for WabbitEmu here?
I already have one (which I also posted on Omnimaga):
A 'teacher mode' which shows keypresses in a separate window, and also displaying the graph, table and equations window (could be updated every time the window is 'closed', just by creating a static screenshot)
Also, my math teacher decided to use wabbit instead of TI-SmartView! :D :D

NanoWar

Site Admin

Re: WabbitEmu suggestions

Post13 October 2011, 16:08

Sure, when Spencer and Buckeye Dude find out this topic exists... :)
aeTIos wrote:Also, my math teacher decided to use wabbit instead of TI-SmartView! :D :D

Now, that's a commitment. Great to hear!

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Post17 October 2011, 10:41

Forgot to reply here. I'm working on a 'Teacher View' for wabbitemu to appear more to the education side. It will be a single place for you to view all the things I've had teachers request, including aetios's suggestions.

Also good to hear your teacher is using wabbit. Let me know if he/she has any suggestions or issues with it.

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Post19 October 2011, 18:55

Quick update on the progress. I've got the key presses moved over to images, although I'm still working on a way to blur/shadow the edges that don't look shitty. Also in progress with this I'm finishing out my plants for keypresses so you'll be able to record and replay keypresses. Next up will be allowing you to view the graph, table, window, and equation editor, indpendent of what you're doing
Attachments
Key Press History.png
Key Press History.png (28.96 KiB) Viewed 12842 times

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post20 October 2011, 19:14

So you basically cut out the button parts from the skin image? Isn't there a Photoshop or GIMP resource file with layers? Who did those skins? :) There should be an easier way I mean.

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Post24 October 2011, 10:57

Yes, yes, Spencer and I, and easier but not better. The reason I'm doing it this way is two fold. One I don't need to do anything except write some more code. That means no creating new pngs, no writing code to read them, and they dont take up extra space in the exe. Second, if you have a custom skin (which are technically supported even though no one uses), this way will allow you to see whatever button is on your custom skin, regardless of whatever wabbit has stored.

aeTIos

Topic Starter

Post25 October 2011, 14:39

erm, I suggest using black squares as a background for the keys. that is prolly not too hard, and it looks much more quiet (dunno what other word to use)

aeTIos

Topic Starter

Post09 November 2011, 09:09

bug report for the new version: if you want to save the keypresses, wabbit will crash and not exit (even not when I kill the process)

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Post03 March 2012, 00:19

There's the working core of the teacher view. Compared to SmartView its super fast, and much more responsive. Working on letting you change around which one is which.

Post03 March 2012, 21:25

Oooooo, that looks pretty slick. I'll have to copy your code for the Mac version ;)

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post11 January 2015, 11:52

Can we do a color version for the TI84C ?

chickendude

Staff Member

Post13 January 2015, 00:57

You mean emulation of the CSE? I believe that's already been implemented. TilEm2 also has color support (as does jsTIfied) but i think you'll have to build it from source, at least i haven't seen a Windows build anywhere.

Return to WabbitEmu