DEP error?

• Author

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

DEP error?

Post16 December 2011, 20:34

Using the new WabbitEmu from the codeplex site today keeps throwing a DEP error, and trying to add it to the exception list fails (this program must run with DEP, you cannot turn off dep for this program).

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Re: DEP error?

Post17 December 2011, 00:34

So i've spent all day trying to disable DEP (and even turned it off completely) but it still throws the exception, i overrode my old version of wabbitemu and can't find a place to download it. I guess it's back to PTI for the time being :)

It appears the debug version works, is it something to do with Windows thinking the old version was changed? Ugh.. Windows... (or maybe just my own incompetence with computers)

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Post17 December 2011, 01:52

Couple of questions, what OS, what ROM, and 32 bit or 64 bit? What are you doing when it throws the error, does it happen immediately when you launch it or only when you do something? its also worth a shot exporting the registry entries for wabbitemu (under HCKU\Software\Wabbitemu) then deleting them. If this works, send the entries to me, otherwise I'll do some investigating.

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post17 December 2011, 02:39

Windows Vista, 32 bit, i open it up and if i try to do anything (essentially, turn the calc on, sending a file or under the debug menu) it crashes. It's with ROM 1.16, I also tried with my old 1.12 ROM but no luck there either. I just deleted the registry entry and it didn't seem to do anything.

Btw, is there an On key shortcut on the keyboard?

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Post18 December 2011, 00:19

I don't have a machine with vista on it currently, I'm working on finding my old vista disk somewhere. If you can get a dump of the process when the crash dialog popups up, that'd be helpful. You can dump it by going to task manager and right click on the process. Also make sure you download the latest version (I just posted an update), as I forgot to save the PDB files of the last couple of releases.
The shortcut key for On is F12. The key bindings are all here: http://wabbit.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Wabbitemu%20Keys&referringTitle=Documentation

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post18 December 2011, 01:28

I think this is what you were asked for. I just opened up the update and same issue.
Actually, it seems like the file is too big, i'll try uploading it at mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a4x36e75q6eywnd

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Post18 December 2011, 03:34

Thanks for the dump, found the issue pretty easily with it. Next time I would reccommend zipping it, it'll cut down the size pretty dramatically. I'll have the fix up pretty soon, I have a couple other bugs I need to take care of.

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post18 December 2011, 04:02

Ahh whoops i didn't even think of that :green:

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post18 December 2011, 15:28

I just downloaded the latest version and everything's working perfectly now. Thanks a lot! I like PTI, but Wabbitemu is definitely much more complete now (though one thing i really liked about PTI is that you could change the keys pressed. Sometimes when debugging you have a key pressed to trigger a breakpoint and when you close the debugger the emulator thinks the key is still being pressed (though normally you just have to press and release the key again to stop it). I see a lot of new features, thanks again for all the amazing work you've done. I can't even imagine anymore how folks programmed back before even VTI was around (it seems so long ago).
Attachments
pti.jpg
pti.jpg (86.52 KiB) Viewed 10616 times

Buckeye Dude

Staff Member

Post20 December 2011, 05:26

Thanks. I've added a Keyboard pane to the wabbit debugger, it'll be released by the end of the night. Also are you still having the issue that you press a key and it remains pressed after opening and closing the debugger? I wrote some code that once Wabbit loses focus, it releases any keys that are held down.

chickendude

Staff Member

Topic Starter

Post20 December 2011, 13:28

With the new WabbitEmu i haven't noticed it, but i also haven't had to hold down keys to debug. Also, i was using an older version before (i think it was from June). I'll test it out tonight and let you know. Thanks again!

Return to WabbitEmu