Absolute Madness

Got a calculator project that you're working on, tell everyone about it
  • Author

Deep Thought

Topic Starter

Absolute Madness

Post01 November 2011, 03:56

My first major TI-BASIC project in over a year, and it's yet another puzzle/action platformer.

This is the kind of game I really enjoy making. The goal is simple enough—get from one side of the screen to the other—but between the two sides, there are walls, spikes, and moving enemies to get past. To help you along, you can push a boulder around, and, in about half the levels, you can switch between two "dimensions" (alternate maps).

Screenshots of my progress:

Re: Absolute Madness

Post01 November 2011, 04:27

Wow, that is great, especially for BASIC O.O I love the screenie!

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post01 November 2011, 10:25

The menu is fantastic.

Deep Thought

Topic Starter

Post03 November 2011, 20:54

Yeah, I was going for a totally different effect, but I accidentally and realized the resulting menu actually looked pretty good :D

I just realized the other day that the level design screen and the main game GUI are virtually identical with the exception of the tiny HUD bar at the top, so I restructured the entire program to combine the two systems, saving about five hundred bytes and making level design considerably faster (since testing an edited level no longer involves drawing it again just to play). Screenshots of another six levels coming soon!

Madskillz

Site Admin

Post06 November 2011, 16:20

Optimizations are always good...very nice
The menu really does look good.

Deep Thought

Topic Starter

Post01 December 2011, 02:52

Too bad I didn't post many updates here, but it's done and submitted! Download at http://tiforge.info/zcontest3/index.php?a=projet&id=67 :)

chickendude

Staff Member

Post01 December 2011, 11:05

You even got a map editor done, didn't you? It looks great!

Deep Thought

Topic Starter

Post26 June 2013, 21:19

This is really, really late, but it's been up on ticalc.org for a while now, with a new intro animation and stuff!

chickendude wrote:You even got a map editor done, didn't you? It looks great!
Yep, I love making map editors. Besides adding replay value to the game itself it also makes development (as in level design) a lot easier ;)

EDIT: Got two features out of this too! http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/art ... 47851.html

NanoWar

Site Admin

Post27 June 2013, 23:21

Hahaha, thanks for sharing anyways. I think/hope everybody noticed your features back then!

Return to Announce your Projects